Monday, February 27, 2012

14 miles on a perfect day


Today was the perfect day for a run. There were some headwinds in the first 7 miles, but it was nothing that slowed me down. The first 12 miles were pretty easy, then I hit the wall. I had chosen to begin my run in a different place than I normally do, so I could leave my truck at a friends house. I will do that again for the long runs, but he lives at the top of the longest and steepest route on the route.
I probably went too fast in the first ten miles, and for my 16 mile run in two weeks, I'll try slowing down a little in those early miles. The thing that really encouraged me today as I reached the 13 mile mark was how much better shape I am today than I was the last time I ran a half marathon back in May. Running three 4,5 and 6 miles three times in a week in addition to my long run is starting to pay off. The second best thing about my run today was no cramps during or afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment