Monday, April 30, 2012

The End

This week, April 30 to May 6, is a week I have been working towards for several months.  It is a week that will mark the end of a wonderful period of our lives, and will bring the beginning of an exciting new chapter.

Yesterday, I accomplished a goal I set for myself many years ago, one that seemed impossible as I had fallen out of shape and gained way too much weight.  I finished the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon three months short of my 40th birthday.

On Saturday, I will complete another life goal as I will walk across the stage at Oral Roberts University with my Masters Degree in Theology.

And, on Sunday, we will end 16 years of children's ministry as we head off to answer God's call in church planting in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

This is a week that has long been circled on my calendar, one I have worked towards with both anticipation and dread.  Over the next week, I will recount my marathon and seminary adventures, as well as recap my time in Children's ministry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment